Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

I Love Commercials: Sears

          So every week now, we're trying something new. Too many people with DVR are just fast-forwarding through commercials. Most of the time that's a good thing, but there are always a few companies that manage to make a lasting impression. There are funny, thought-provoking, and just plain weird commercials out there to be found, and I love finding them. So we'll compile them for you, and post one every Friday at 12:00PM (PDT). At least you have that to look forward to, if you've got nothing elsepy weekend!. ;)
         
          I despise most commercials for the Olympics. I despise them for cheesiness, selling out their athletes, and I despise them for being quite boring. I was only half-watching this commercial until it caught my attention. And then... I died. It quite effectively captures the essence of beach flicks and then turns it into an appliance commercial with the punchline. Well done, Sears.



           I hope that brightened up your day a bit. Happy weekend!